Tuesday, January 31, 2012

“Oh, I don’t know about that, Mr. Star!”

Teaser Art: Jeff Austin
Reposted from http://www.bobbynash.com/

After a day of not accomplishing much thanks to a migraine coupled with throwing my back out I had a burst of creative inspiration that led to a late night writing session. It was great. I added a little over a thousand words to a story for the next Lance Star: Sky Ranger anthology for Airship 27. This one features a mysterious island, giant winged prehistoric creatures, an imminent volcanic eruption, and oh yeah, Nazis.

Here's a taste of the story.

     “I have no idea,” Lance said, scratching his head. “I do know one thing though. Whatever they’re up to, it can’t be good.”
     “Oh, I don’t know about that, Mr. Star,” a booming voice called out from the shadows.
     Each of them reaching for their side arms, Lance and Cy spun toward the sound. They weren’t fast enough. Instead, the pilots found themselves staring down the barrels of several automatic weapons pointed directly at them.
     A smiling Nazi officer strode from the shadows. He was dressed in full dress uniform, his medals shined to perfection. He walked with his hands positioned behind his back and carried himself with a regal bearing, not an uncommon characteristic of most of the German officers Lance Star had met in his life.
     “I am Major Wilhelm Adler, gentlemen,” he said. “And you are now my prisoners.”

Teaser Art: James Burns
Exciting stuff.

More tomorrow.

Bobby

For more information on Bobby Nash, please visit him at http://www.bobbynash.com/.

No comments: